Got a question that is not answered below? Email us for a rapid response between 6a-10p! firstname.lastname@example.org
General Booking Questions
- How do I book care?
- What is the difference between “Maintained Care” and “In A Pinch” care?
- What happens after I request care?
- How do I connect with the nanny before hand?
- Can I have the same nanny each time?
- Can I use less than 4 hours of care?
- I have a unique request, how do I request the care I need?
- Can I meet the nanny before our care?
- Is there any type of care that you cannot provide?
- Can your nannies watch sick children?
- Why do you recommend using multiple nannies?
- Can nannies provide transportation?
- What if I need to cancel?
- How do I cancel?
- What if my nanny can’t make it?
- What ages do nannies care for?
GENERAL BOOKING QUESTIONS
- How do I book care? You can most easily book care online, after creating a family account. If you need care in less than 24 hours, you can text your request to 503-586-4775. Once a nanny is matched, you will receive a confirmation email with the nanny’s name and profile.
- What is the difference between “Maintained Care” and “In A Pinch” care? Maintained care is anything set up in advance (generally 24 hours). In A Pinch care are for those last-minute needs, when care is booked the same day or the request comes in after 9pm the previous day.
- What happens after I request care? Once care is requested, we look at which of our nannies best match your family composition and have availability for the care times you need. We then match a nanny (or nannies) to your care, and you receive a match confirmation email with your nanny’s profile.
- How do I connect with the nanny before hand? Our nannies reach out to families about 24 hours in advance to exchange contact information and get any additional details they may need. If you’d like the nanny to contact you at a different time, just let us know!
- Can I have the same nanny each time? Many of our nannies are teachers, students, or working in other childcare related fields. We work to match the same nanny as much as possible, but flexible schedules don’t always match the times a family needs care. We suggest getting to know a few of our great nannies to create consistency of care, even with changing schedules.
- Can I use less than 4 hours of care? While you can use less than four hours of care, you will be charged for the minimum care time.
- I have a unique request, how do I request the care I need? We deal with a lot of different requests and family situations, so it’s likely we have the nanny for the care you need. You can email us with any special requests at email@example.com, or send a text to 503-586-4775.
- Can I meet the nanny before our care? We do our best to match a great fit to your family. Our nanny profiles always have a picture and information about the nanny to share with your kids. Most nannies can also accommodate a FaceTime or Skype meeting beforehand if you need.
- Is there any type of care that you cannot provide? 5 days a week after school care is hard to fill with the same nanny, but a team of Portland Nannies can definitely take this on!
- Can your nannies watch sick children? We let the nanny decide if they are comfortable watching sick children. Please let us know beforehand if your children are ill. While most nannies will watch kids with a fever, sniffles, or just generally “not feeling well”—children who are contagious may affect a nanny’s ability to care for other families, so we leave it up to the nanny’s discretion.
- Why do you recommend using multiple nannies? We find it best for families to match to at least 2-3 nannies for their care needs. Once established with a few nannies, it is easier for us to provide consistency of care—matching you with someone that you already know. When nannies have schedule changes, vacation, or illness, it’s nice to have a backup that’s already familiar with your family and routines.
- Can nannies provide transportation? Most of our nannies are willing and able to provide transportation for school pickups and activity transport. We verify each nanny providing transportation has a valid driver’s license, current insurance coverage, and a clean driving record. Please specify your transportation needs in your care booking, or send us a text or email so that we can match the right nanny to your care.
- What if I need to cancel? All cancellations must be made more than 24 hours before care, or are subject to the four hour minimum charge. Any cancellations made 4 hours or less before care, are charged at the full cost of the scheduled care. Please see our cancellation policy HERE.
- How do I cancel? You can cancel through your family account, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or texting us at 503-586-4775.
- What if my nanny can’t make it? We make every effort to find a replacement nanny in the rare case that there is an emergency that prevents your nanny from making it to your scheduled care, but cannot guarantee coverage. We work to let you know as soon as possible and minimize disruption from those times.
- What ages do nannies care for? Our nannies can care for children of all ages, but keep in mind that we only have a limited number of newborn specialists!
- How do you find your nannies? We rely heavily on word-of-mouth from our existing nannies to network and find new nannies, as well as recruiting from colleges and professional job listing sites.
- My nanny was not a great fit, what do I do? We always welcome feedback on your match. If you feel like the nanny wasn’t a great fit for your family, just let us know and we will work on matching someone new.
- Can you explain your vetting process? We require our nannies to have at least two years of professional childcare experience (outside of caring for family) before applying with Portland Nanny. The hiring process includes interviews, checking references, and a clean background check. We look for excellence on every step of the way, and once a nanny comes onboard, we do regular check-ins and welcome family feedback to ensure our nannies are of the highest quality!
- Are there any agency fees on top of the hourly rate? Everything is built into the hourly rate, so you always know upfront what you will be paying. There are no additional fees, dues, or memberships to purchase.
- Do we tip our nanny? Of course nannies always appreciate tips, but it is never expected
- First time user? We collect your credit card information over the phone before your first care date, so give us a call!
- What hotels do you service? We service most hotels in downtown Portland and around the Moda/Convention Center.
- How much is hotel care? Hotel care is $25/hour for up to 2 children. The hourly rate then increases by $3 per child, per hour.
- How do I book? Hotel care is booked a little differently through our system. We request that you call us at 503-586-4775 between 8am-8pm to request care.
- How do I connect with the nanny before the care? Our nannies reach out to families about 24 hours in advance to exchange contact information and get any additional details they may need. If you’d like the nanny to contact you at a different time, just let us know!